Sales for Small Business Micro-credential (ODE)
Credential: Recognition of Achievement
Delivery: Part-time, online, micro-credential
Duration: 48 hours
Effective: Fall 2023, Winter 2024, Summer 2024
The Sales for Small Business stackable micro-credential program is comprised of four competency-based micro-credentials. It is designed for small business entrepreneurs and/or their employees who have expertise with the product or service they are marketing, but little to no experience in business-to-consumer (B2C) sales. Participants explore the skills relating to positioning products and services as customer needs-based solutions, building virtual relationships with customers and networking across the business community, prospecting, leveraging technologies for social selling, and negotiating, closing and following up on sales.
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- conduct professional sales-based communications with prospects and clients to build rapport throughout the sales process;
- create a client-focused sales solution;
- apply effective prospecting strategies to identify and manage potential customers;
- tailor sales solutions to meet needs, wants, and buyer hesitation to result in a closed sale;
- implement post-purchase processes to maximize customer satisfaction, inspire future purchases, positively influence other prospective clients and assess customer advocacy.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics (C, M or U)
Completion of all 4 micro-credential modules.
Students must successfully complete all required courses as noted below. Further details, if applicable, are noted under "Additional Information" above.
|BUSN 0239||Building Client and Business Relationships Micro-credential (ODE)||12|
|BUSN 0242||Developing Client-Focused Solutions Micro-credential (ODE)||12|
|BUSN 0243||Prospecting and Pipeline Management Micro-credential (ODE)||12|
|BUSN 0252||Negotiation, Closing and Follow-Up Micro-credential (ODE)||12|
Students registered in part-time studies programs must maintain continuous registration in order to complete the program according to the curriculum in place at the time they were admitted. Students who do not remain continuously registered must be readmitted to the program and follow the new curriculum.
Disclaimer: The information in this document is correct at the time of publication. Academic content of programs and courses is revised on an ongoing basis to ensure relevance to changing educational objectives and employment market needs.
Program outlines may be subject to change in response to emerging situations, in order to facilitate student achievement of the learning outcomes required for graduation. Components such as courses, progression, coop work terms, placements, internships and other requirements may be delivered differently than published.